Consider the following chart:
The top line in dark blue, is outlays. This is federal spending.
If you can READ A FUCKING CHART, you’ll noticed that spending has DROPPED consistently under President Obama (doesn’t that blow up every dumb “spending” whine propagandist conservatives have said for 5 years?).
And before you celebrate the lowered spending, economists have said to concentrate on jobs, rather than deficit reduction – but when you have a wacko right wing House as we’ve had since 2011.. wtf can you do? (R)’s won’t allow anything that would help the economy to even get a vote. Experts don’t matter to wacko cons.
You’ll also note that revenues have improved – due largely to the partial repeal of the bush tax cuts to a decent degree and the improving (relative to the beginning of 2009) economy.
Nearly everyone in the media for the past five years has helped republicans blame obama for the deficit that republicans built.
A relevant FACT is that the deficit was 1.2 trillion before President Obama took office.
Yet the common conversation about the deficit until the last year even on MSNBC went something like this:
(R) stooge: “goverment has a spending problem. And its Obama’s fault”
“liberal” media: “but what would you cut?”
Do you see how the “liberal” media enables the republican deficit lie, in that example?
Of course, why am I talking about the deficit?
Republicans stopped talking about it when they could be reminded that the deficit has shrunk under Obama at the fastest rate since the end of WW2.
We all know cons like to claim they are “fiscally responsible”.
Why then, does EVERY policy they support make the deficit grow?
Why do they oppose EVERY policy that would reduce the deficit?
Republicans added 20 billion to the deficit with their pointless shutdown, in a pathetic attempt to deny americans health care.
Economists have pointed out time and time again that GROWTH should be the main focus, rather than attempt to fix the republican’s deficit while the economy is weak. And yes, I know (R)’s like to say they like “pro-growth” policies. Examples include the stimulus (which was bi-partisan in comparison to everything else, with 3 republican votes), a small business lending bill, veteran’s jobs bills, the american jobs act, infrastructure repairs – and that’s far from comprehensive.
Republicans continue to chase tax cuts for the wealthy, as if its remotely a good idea. The cost of the bush tax cuts including interest on the debt? over 3 TRILLION. Do republicans demand trade-offs to pay for these tax cuts? of course not.
In the fiscal cliff deal, Republicans sought and won the end of the payroll tax cut, which helped everyone who earned their pay through labor (not investing). A pro-growth policy that republicans killed.
Republicans aren’t serious. They lie to slow-minded conservatives all the fucking time.
Why are conservatives for corporate welfare, but against a safety net for american citizens?
Corporate welfare costs us FAR more, and benefits a very small number of americans.
What good reason to continue 100 year old fossil fuel subsidies?
Why continue to subsidize walmart at the cost of billions per year?
The knockout game has been hyped by right wing nutjobs as a black on white crime sweeping the nation.
But again, it turns out everything the right has been teaching its CULT is BULLSHIT.
Fox fake news convinces mentally impaired, but well-meaning conservatives to vote against themselves and the country – based entirely on lies.
Is that good for the country? Clearly no.
An example – (D)’s reduce the deficit. Its what they do.
(R)’s grow the deficit. Its what they do.
But fox fake news has convinced their mentally impaired audience to blame (D)’s for the deficit that republicans built.
Is that good for America?
Fox Propaganda Network should be SHUT DOWN, for the good of the country.
1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause
4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism
5. Rampant sexism
6. A controlled mass media
7. Obsession with national security
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together
9. Power of corporations protected
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts
12. Obsession with crime and punishment
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption
14. Fraudulent elections
- vote to repeal obamacare, which cost $50 million.
- government shutdown, which cost $24 billion.
- wanted to end obamacare, which would add $110 billion to the deficit.
- wanted to cut funding for obamacare, which by itself would add to the deficit.
- bush tax cuts, which have cost more than 3 trillion through 2008.
- bush medicare expansion, whose cost was added directly to the deficit.
- the unfunded bush wars, also straight to the deficit.
- the sequester, which has cost hundreds of thousands of jobs.
- public sector job cuts – hundreds of thousands more unemployed.
- obamacare, lowers the deficit by $100 billion over 10 years and gives rules to big insurance.
- financial reform, giving rules to dishonest bankers
- partial repeal of the unfunded bush tax cuts, which reduced the deficit by $600 billion.
- ending the F-22 program saves us billions.
- american jobs act, which was projected by economists to create 1-2 million jobs, but blocked by republicans
- infrastructure repair spending, blocked by republicans
- small business lending bill, which was blocked by republicans.
- veteran’s jobs bill, also blocked by republicans