Nearly all of the national debt is the result of policies signed into law by Republican presidents.
The calculation behind this number is shown on this page.
I’ve explained my own calculations previously, coming to the same conclusion. Although it looks like that post may have been eaten in the switch to a new web server.
$1 trillion in debt prior to reagan
$0 debt added from clinton policies
roughly $200 billion from obama policies
Even if you wrongly claim all debt prior to reagan was (D) policy, that means (D)’s are at 1.2 trillion of the 18 trillion in debt, or 6.67% of the total debt.
Leaving (R)’s total at a minimum of 93%+.
in 2013, 368.51 million gallons of gas were consumed in the US, per day.
By one estimate, as much as $1 per gallon of gas is due to oil speculators, which makes calculations simple.
$368.51 million dollars per day.
Or up to $134.5 BILLION per year, due purely to speculators.
So who are these speculators?
Koch Supply & Trading
Bank of America
For a few examples.
While dumbfuck cons whine about redistribution, these companies are stealing from the american people – backed by (R) politicians.
Image comes from thinkprogress.org
I’ve seen conservative idiots come to the defense of charles and david koch – typically by trying to compare them to george soros. Lets compare the two.
– Fund many propaganda firms (“think tanks”), such as Cato Institute and Heritage Foundation
– Fund front groups to protect their identity, while attempting to create a “grass roots” seeming organization.
– Koch Industries constantly ignores environment laws, while poisoning those unfortunate enough to live in proximity.
– Would like to end medicare, social security, environmental laws, regulations in general and taxes in general.
– Helped build the pro-Tobacco anti-tax tea party, and helped gin up fake outrage over americans getting HEALTH INSURANCE, with their fake grassroots organizatoins.
– He played a significant role in the peaceful transition from communism to capitalism in Hungary
– Soros is the chairman of the Open Society Foundations
– Donated $23.5 million to try and defeat GWB in 2004 (Soros was not a large donor to US political causes until the 2004 presidential election)
– In August 2009, Soros donated $35 million to the state of New York to be ear-marked for under-privileged children
– Donated to fund the campaign in California for medical marjijuana, and again with a legalization effort
– Donated 1 million to Obama’s superpac (about 0.25% of what the koch brothers have admitted to spending on 2012’s elections)
To further illustrate the impact of the koch brothers, the following graphic from Washington Post shows ads by just ONE koch brother front group, pushing their extreme fascist agenda on the United States.