The 2014 midterm elections saw a wave of Republican candidates elected and re-elected to federal office, many of whom are now rearing to make the environment their first casualty of the 114th Congress. As it turns out, the fossil fuel industry may have had something to do with that.
Taking into account direct contributions to individuals and groups, spending on television ads and lobbying, the energy industry spent more than $721 million during the 2014 election cycle, according to an analysis released Monday by the Center for American Progress.
– think 30,000 gun deaths per year is not a problem worth trying to solve, no matter what the solution is.
– think they are in a militia by virtue of having a gun, regardless of what militia meant at the time of the bill of rights
– use NRA propaganda to justify their idiocy, without thought.
– think any attempts to solve the problem of gun deaths is an attempt to take away their guns
– equate guns with freedom, while ignoring the freedom taken from the victims of gun violence
– pretend all gun suicides would happen with or without easy access to guns (@19,000 gun suicides per year)
– think that any method to reduce gun thefts harms their “freedom”
– think smart guns are bad, hurts their “freedom”
– parrot a discredited study by lott. yay stupidity
– think that more guns = less gun violence, ignoring all statistics showing the exact opposite.
– think that one of the 3 commas in the 2nd amendment is a magic comma, so they can ignore the first half of the 2nd amendment.
– many gun nuts consider themselves “pro-life”, while ignoring the thousands of gun victims every year, who have life taken from them.
– many are so dumb, they think the fascist koch brothers are on their “team”.
In short, gun nuts are extremely mentally challenged – dumber than your standard conservative idiot that votes against himself based on right wing lies; which is already dumb as fuck.
take a moment to reflect on all the good done by the right wing dominated supreme court (who is SUPPOSED to be impartial).
– selected our previous president, george bush – who gave us a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit and an economy losing nearly a million jobs per month when he left office.
– citizens united, allowing corporations to spend unlimited amounts of money in our elections. This allows even foreign governments and corporations to anonymously fund the candidate of their choice by way of superpacs.
– and now these same jackasses have the ability to fuck the country again with their decision on health reform.
Has any small group of nutjobs ever held such sway over the country in so short a time?
Even saint reagan didn’t do this much damage to the USA.
Or is it only ok because its corporations who are taxing us?
“Therefore, if todayâ€™s oil markets were based on supply and demand fundamentals, drivers would be paying about a dollar-and-a-half less per gallon, or around $20 less each time they fill up their gas tanks.”
In other words speculators (hedge funds, banks, oil producers like the Kochs) get a buck fifty for every gallon you purchase.
If you drive 10,000 miles at 25 mpg, that equals 400 gallons.
400 x $1.50 = $600
25,000 miles per year at 25 mpg?
If you have an older car or a truck?
It gets ugly quick.
at 15 mpg, assuming you only drive 10,000 miles = $1,000
Again – you did not elect the speculators.
Your speculator money is not going to a noble cause.
Instead we have propagandists for those same speculators trying to blame the president for high gas prices.
How stupid are conservatives? They think the deficit has grown under Obama. Can you believe that? 1.2 trillion before Obama to half that amount this year means the deficit is growing to mentally ill conservatives. Conservatives have exclusive ownership of the idiot gene.